Kafka, mail # user - Re: changing broker hosts with 0.7.2 - 2013-03-20, 19:00

Jason Rosenberg 2013-03-19, 21:04
+
Neha Narkhede 2013-03-20, 02:07
+
Jason Rosenberg 2013-03-20, 06:26
+
Neha Narkhede 2013-03-20, 13:42
+
Jason Rosenberg 2013-03-20, 15:56
+
Neha Narkhede 2013-03-20, 16:02
+
Philip OToole 2013-03-20, 16:07
+
Jason Rosenberg 2013-03-20, 17:55
+
Philip OToole 2013-03-20, 18:10
+
Jason Rosenberg 2013-03-20, 18:21
Re: changing broker hosts with 0.7.2

Ah yes, I misspoke. I meant an LB between Producers and Kafka Brokers.
Huh? Sure you can, if the Producers are simple. Producers just need a
destination IP address and port. They have no way of knowing if that
IP is an LB or real Kafka broker. Set the partition to -1 (i.e.
random) in all messages destined for Kafka, and it all just works.
Granted, this is a simple type of 0.72 deployment. Perhaps it doesn't
work for more complex Producers or 0.8 deployments -- I am not yet
that familiar with 0.8.

Philip

+
Jason Rosenberg 2013-03-20, 19:07