Kafka, mail # user - Re: changing broker hosts with 0.7.2 - 2013-03-20, 19:00

Re: changing broker hosts with 0.7.2

Ah yes, I misspoke. I meant an LB between Producers and Kafka Brokers.
Huh? Sure you can, if the Producers are simple. Producers just need a
destination IP address and port. They have no way of knowing if that
IP is an LB or real Kafka broker. Set the partition to -1 (i.e.
random) in all messages destined for Kafka, and it all just works.
Granted, this is a simple type of 0.72 deployment. Perhaps it doesn't
work for more complex Producers or 0.8 deployments -- I am not yet
that familiar with 0.8.