Kafka >> mail # user >> Java major.minor version error

Re: Java major.minor version error
Hi Abhinav,

I just compiled and ran a consumer in java with maven and it worked fine.

[root@localhost ~]# java -version
java version "1.6.0_29"
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.4-b02, mixed mode)

I did this using
https://github.com/stealthly/dropwizard-kafka-http(changing the target
& source in the pom to 1.6)

are you using the Oracle JDK ?