Kafka >> mail # user >> OffsetOutOfRangeException and getOffsetsBefore

+
Sining Ma 2013-05-24, 18:29
+
Suyog Rao 2013-05-24, 20:32
+
Sining Ma 2013-05-24, 21:04
Re: OffsetOutOfRangeException and getOffsetsBefore
If you use the Java API you can do SimpleConsumer.getOffsetsBefore(topic, partition, time, 1) which will return a long offset value

The time parameter can be kafka.api.OffsetRequest.EarliestTime() or kafka.api.OffsetRequest.LatestTime() based on your application need.
On May 24, 2013, at 2:03 PM, Sining Ma <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Thanks Suyog
> Could you explain more about OffsetRequest?
> I find new
> OffsetRequest(topic: String, partition: Int, time: Long, maxNumOffsets: Int)
> in Kafka api.
>

> How can I send this request? And where can I receive a response from this OffsetRequest?
> Could you give me an example for this API?
>

> -- Regards
>   Sining Ma

+
Jun Rao 2013-05-25, 05:09