Kafka >> mail # user >> S3 Archiving for Kafka topics (with Zookeeper resume)

S3 Archiving for Kafka topics (with Zookeeper resume)
Hey,

I know this has come up a few times, so thought I'd share a bit of code
we've been using to archive topics to S3.

Particularly unimaginatively named, but is available here:
https://github.com/jibs/kafka-s3-consumer

We needed something with Zookeeper support for storing the offsets, but
didn't come across anything so I quickly put this together. For the moment
I've removed graphite stats reporting because it has a few internal
dependencies, but plan to sort that out soon.

Hope this helps,
Jibran

+
S Ahmed 2013-01-31, 14:58