Kafka >> mail # user >> Network and partition

+
Vinicius Carvalho 2013-07-09, 18:59
Re: Network and partition
For 1, you will get a response with an error.

For 2, a partition # has to be specified. If it is incorrect, you will get
a response with an error.

Thanks,

Jun
On Tue, Jul 9, 2013 at 11:58 AM, Vinicius Carvalho <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi there. I'm working on a 0.8 version of the protocol for nodejs. And when
> thing that I'm not clear from the docs:
>
> "The client will likely need to maintain a connection to multiple brokers,
> as data is partitioned and the clients will need to talk to the server that
> has their data"
>
> Ok, so far so good. Once I have the initial metadata request I would know
> which broker has each partition.
>
> But then looking at the BNF for producerequest:
>
> RequiredAcks Timeout [TopicName [Partition MessageSetSize MessageSet]]
>
> What happens if a client send a message to a topic and partition that is
> not on the broker the message was sent to?
>
> What happens in case the client does not specify a partition and the topic
> was created with multiple partitions?
>
> Regards
>
> --
> The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the
> rational mind is a faithful servant. We have
> created a society that honors the servant and
> has forgotten the gift.

+
Vinicius Carvalho 2013-07-10, 15:46