Kafka >> mail # user >> no exceptions when producer send messages to a opened port that is not a broker

+
Helin Xiang 2013-01-22, 02:57
Re: no exceptions when producer send messages to a opened port that is not a broker
This is true in 0.7 since the producer doesn't receive any ack. So, unless
the other side closes the socket on a wrong request, the producer client
won't know that sth is wrong on the server.

In 0.8, the producer will wait for an ack from the broker and will timeout
if no response is received.

Thanks,

Jun

On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 6:56 PM, Helin Xiang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am doing some tests about kafka, and I found this:
>
> I was going to use the zookeeper to find broker, but somehow I set the
> producer's property containing "port=xxx", it actually connect to a
> 'broker' on "localhost:xxx"; but the port is used for another service (a
> thrift server, not a kafka broker),
>
> so the real thing is *a producer send messages to a opened port that is not
> a broker, and it didn't throw any exception*(I think catched all the
> exceptions).
>
> I wonder why it didnot throw any exception. could someone explain it OR how
> can I catch those exceptions?
>
> thanks
>

> --
> *Best Regards