Kafka, mail # user - Kafka rolling upgrade

Kafka rolling upgrade
Hanish Bansal 2013-07-05, 02:53
Hi All,

I am using *Kafka-0.7.2 *in distributed mode.

Now i want to upgrade Kafka version to recent stable release-*0.8 Beta *with
rolling upgrade without * *any downtime.

I tried to upgrade one kafka node but after starting that node i am getting
Null Pointer Exception. This may be due *data format mismatch between both
release*.

My main purpose is to upgrade Kafka without shutting down whole cluster.

I want to know if on one machine i upgrade Kafka and add that node to same
running cluster while on another machines old Kafka version are running.
Will it create any problem?

If i upgrade whole cluster to new Kafka version then will it be consistent
with previous data ?

--
*Thanks & Regards*
*Hanish Bansal*