Kafka, mail # user - Kafka Node.js Integration Questions/Advice

+
Christopher Alexander 2012-12-20, 16:47
+
David Arthur 2012-12-20, 16:59
+
Christopher Alexander 2012-12-20, 17:11
Re: Kafka Node.js Integration Questions/Advice
Jun Rao 2012-12-20, 17:31
Chris,

Not sure how stable those node.js clients are. In 0.8, we plan to provide a
native C version of the producer. A thin node.js layer can potentially be
built on top of that.

Thanks,

Jun

On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 8:46 AM, Christopher Alexander <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> During my due diligence to assess use of Kafka for both our activity and
> log message streams, I would like to ask the project committers and
> community users about using Kafka with Node.js. Yes, I am aware that a
> Kafka client exists for Node.js (
> https://github.com/marcuswestin/node-kafka), which has spurred further
> interest by our front-end team. Here are my questions, excuse me if they
> seem "noobish".
>
> 1. How reliable is the Node.js client (
> https://github.com/marcuswestin/node-kafka) in production applications?
> If there are issues, what are they (the GitHub repo currently lists none)?
> 2. To support real-time activity streams within Node.js, what is the
> recommended consumer polling interval?
> 3. General advise observations on integrating a front-end based Node.js
> application with Kafka mediated messaging.
>
> Thanks you!
>
> Chris

+
Radek Gruchalski 2012-12-21, 20:55