Kafka, mail # user - Re: Controlled shutdown failure, retry settings - 2013-10-26, 03:51
Re: Controlled shutdown failure, retry settings
On Fri, Oct 25, 2013 at 9:16 PM, Joel Koshy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

But if data is written with 'request.required.acks=-1', no data should be
lost, no?  Or will partitions be truncated wholesale after an unclean
shutdown?

Ah.....so it looks like most things logged with the stateChangeLogger are
logged at the TRACE log level.....and that's the default setting in the
log4j.properties file.  Needless to say, my contained KafkaServer is not
currently using that log4j.properties (we are just using a rootLogger with
level = INFO by default).  I can probably add a special rule to use TRACE
for the state.change.logger category.  However, I'm not sure I can make it
so that logging all goes to it's own separate log file.....
I can file a jira for this, but I'm not sure what it should say!