Kafka >> mail # user >> SyncProducer vs Producer

+
navneet sharma 2013-01-14, 18:27
Re: SyncProducer vs Producer
Producer is the high level api whereas SyncProducer is the lower level api.
Producer takes one or more messages and converts them to a request which is
sent by SyncProducer. Producer is actually the client api that everyone
should be using.

Thanks,

Jun

On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 10:26 AM, navneet sharma <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am not able to understand difference between
> kafka.javaapi.producer.Producer and kafka.javaapi.producer.SyncProducer.
>
> Its become even more confusing since Producer expects Generics stating
> message type whereas SyncProducer doesnt.
>
> Also, SyncProducer deals with ByteBufferMessageSet
>
> Basically i am trying to push data from Kafka broker to Hadoop HDFS and i
> am trying to understand contrib/hadoop-consumer code.
>
> Any pointers?
>
> Thanks,
> Navneet Sharma

+