Kafka >> mail # dev >> Release versioning

Re: Release versioning
I published a new JAR to staging repo to confirm that the issue was
originally just packaging and publishing issue and not code related.

Maven central is immutable so if we pushed 0.8.0 (without changing any
version or code) it would only show up in the apache release repo.

if we change the version we could just vote and publish the 2.8.0 jar and
maybe name the version to be related to fixing that as 0.8.0.1 to me means
there is a bug/defect in the 0.8.0 release from a code perspective and that
is not the case (assuming re-publishing 2.8.0 jar fixes everything) ...
maybe 0.8.0-scala280 or something... (don't lave that but it feels more
meaningful to me)

can someone verify that the new 2.8.0 staging jar is working now?

 Joe Stein
 Founder, Principal Consultant
 Big Data Open Source Security LLC
 http://www.stealth.ly