Kafka >> mail # user >> how to force a consumer to start at the beginning

Re: how to force a consumer to start at the beginning
in 0.8 you can set the property "auto.offset.reset" = "smallest" when
creating your ConsumerConfig ... this will override the default value of
"largest"

take a look at ConsoleConsumer.scala for more example if need be

 Joe Stein
 Founder, Principal Consultant
 Big Data Open Source Security LLC
 http://www.stealth.ly <http://www.stealth.ly>