Kafka, mail # user - Complex multi-datacenter setups

Re: Complex multi-datacenter setups
Maxime Petazzoni 2013-07-12, 16:30
* Jun Rao <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2013-07-11 21:10:46]:

> We we have at LinkedIn is an extra aggregate cluster per data center. We
> use mirror maker to copy data from the local cluster in each of the data
> centers to the aggregate one.

Do you mean you have an aggregate cluster in each datacenter that gets
all the data from all the other datacenters? And you have that setup in
all your datacenters?

Don't you end up moving a lot of data around for nothing? I'd like to
hear more about your setup, if that's something you are a liberty to
share.

TIA,
/Max
--