Kafka >> mail # user >> Our use case and am I right in my definition of Throughput?

+
Kishore V. Kopalle 2013-05-17, 07:26
Re: Our use case and am I right in my definition of Throughput?
You earlier email seems to focus on latency, not throughput. Typically, you
can either optimize for latency or throughput, but not both. If you want
higher throughput, you should consider using the async mode in the producer
with a larger batch size (e.g., 1000 messages). Using more instances of
producer also increases the overall throughput.

Thanks,

Jun
On Fri, May 17, 2013 at 12:26 AM, Kishore V. Kopalle <