Kafka >> mail # dev >> kafka replication blog

+
Jun Rao 2013-02-05, 19:21
+
Felix GV 2013-02-07, 18:39
+
Vaibhav Puranik 2013-02-07, 19:11
Re: kafka replication blog
Same here, summary was need as we have a fairly large ecosystem of multiple
0.7.2 clusters and I am planning to test upgrade to 0.8.
However, one thing  creeping at the back of my mind regarding 0.8 is
something i have spotted in one thread few weeks ago namely that the
rebalance behaviour of producers is not as robust as in 0.7.x without
replication and i remeber there was no designed solution at the time - any
news here ? Basically our usecase doesn't require replication but logical
offsets and some other things introduced would solve some problems.