Kafka >> mail # user >> kafka.common.OffsetOutOfRangeException

Re: kafka.common.OffsetOutOfRangeException
Thanks for the reply Phillip. I am new to kafka so please bear with me if I say something that's "noobish".

I am running in a localhost configuration for testing. If I checkout kafka logs:

> cd /tmp/kafka-logs
> ls mytopic-0 # my topic is present
> cd mytopic-0
> ls 00000000000000000000.kafka
> vi 00000000000000000000.kafka

This reveals a hexstring (or another format). No offset visible.

If I checkout zk:

> cd /tmp/zookeeper/version-2
> ls # I see log and snapshot files
> vi filename

This reveals binary data. No offset visible.

Are these the locations for finding the current/recent offsets? Thanks.