Kafka >> mail # user >> How does a new broker decide the partitions of the topic?

How does a new broker decide the partitions of the topic?
Hi ,

I am reading the design doc for Kafka. But  I can not find the algorithm
which illustrates such scenario. When a new broker is registered in
zookeeper, how do all the brokers negotiates with all the others? How does
a new broker decide which partitions should be stored ?

By the way, I find num.partitions in server configure, but I can not find
any parameter defining the topics of this broker.

Could you tell me how to configure brokers in the following example. For
example, I want to set "broker1" to store "topic1" and "topic2", each topic
has 3 partitions?
I think setting topic.partition.count.map as "topic1:3, topic2:3" should
works. Is there any simpler configuration?
Thanks.

--
Guodong Wang(王国栋)
Email:[EMAIL PROTECTED]