Kafka, mail # user - Securing kafka

+
Calvin Lei 2013-08-29, 17:03
+
Benjamin Black 2013-08-29, 17:10
+
Jay Kreps 2013-08-30, 00:14
Re: Securing kafka
Joe Stein 2013-08-30, 03:16
One use case I have been discussing recently with a few clients is
verifying the digital signature of a message as part of the acceptance
criteria of it being committed to the log and/or when it is consumed.

I would be very interested in discussing different scenarios such as Kafka
as a service, privacy at rest as well as authorization and authentication
(if required).

Hit me up

 Joe Stein
 Founder, Principal Consultant
 Big Data Open Source Security LLC
 http://www.stealth.ly
On Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 8:13 PM, Jay Kreps <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> +1
>
> We don't have any application-level security at this time so the answer is
> whatever you can do at the network/system level.
>
> -Jay
>

> On Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 10:09 AM, Benjamin Black <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > IP filters on the hosts.
> > On Aug 29, 2013 10:03 AM, "Calvin Lei" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > > Is there a way to stop a malicious user to connect directly to a kafka
> > > broker and send any messages? Could we have the brokers to accept a
> > message
> > > to a list of know IPs?

+
Rajasekar Elango 2013-08-30, 03:23