Kafka >> mail # user >> Does high level consumer support setting offset

Does high level consumer support setting offset
Hi£¬

In kafka 0.8, does high level consumer support setting offset?

Our service reads kafka data but won't  flush the data immediately, so if
restarted the data in memory will be lost.  We want to reset kafka consumer
offset to an old offset.

If the consumer group has only 1 machine, we can record all partition
offset  for our topic in disk. Does the high level consumer support
 setting  offset in zk to the recorded offset?