Kafka >> mail # user >> Re: only-once consumer groups

+
Neha Narkhede 2013-05-17, 04:03
+
Rob Withers 2013-05-17, 05:29
RE: only-once consumer groups
We spent some time thinking about consolidating the high level and low
level consumer APIs. It will be great if you can read the wiki and provide
feedback -
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/Consumer+Client+Re-Design

Thanks,
Neha
On May 16, 2013 10:29 PM, "Rob Withers" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> We want to ensure only-once message processing, but we also want the
> benefit
> of rebalancing.  commitOffsets updates all partitions from out of a
> connector instance.  We want to commit the offset for just the partition
> that delivered a message to the iterator, even if several fetchers are
> feeding a thread.  Perhaps the message metadata contains the partition a
> msg
> came from; could you not just update the offset for that partition if the
> property "only.once=true" is sent to the consumer connector?
>
> Thanks,
> rob

+
Rob Withers 2013-05-21, 01:45