Kafka >> mail # user >> Avro serialization

+
Mark 2013-08-20, 14:08
Re: Avro serialization
Hello Mark,

The Kafka message format starts with a magic byte indicating what kind of
serialization is used for this message. And if this byte indicates Avro,
you can layout your message as starting with the schemaId and then followed
by message payload. Upon consumption, you can first get the schemaId, query
Avro for the schema given the id, and then use schema to deserialize the
message.

Guozhang

--
-- Guozhang