Kafka, mail # user - High level consumer group example in scala

High level consumer group example in scala
Florin Trofin 2013-06-21, 20:16
Hello Kafka wizards!

Congratulations on achieving beta on the 0.8 release! We've been waiting too long for it!
I have two questions regarding the high level consumer in 0.8 used from scala:

I found this example on how to use the high level consumer from Java: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/Consumer+Group+Example
I would like to see a similar example written in Scala. I looked under the test folder but I didn't see something similar there (one that uses a thread pool).  I would appreciate if you can point me to an example or send me a code snippet.

 Also, if I have a consumer for only one topic do I still need the thread pool? Can you send me a short scala snippet on how you would initialize and use a consumer for only one topic?

Thanks!

Florin