Kafka >> mail # user >> High level consumer group example in scala

High level consumer group example in scala
Hello Kafka wizards!

Congratulations on achieving beta on the 0.8 release! We've been waiting too long for it!
I have two questions regarding the high level consumer in 0.8 used from scala:

I found this example on how to use the high level consumer from Java: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/Consumer+Group+Example
I would like to see a similar example written in Scala. I looked under the test folder but I didn't see something similar there (one that uses a thread pool).  I would appreciate if you can point me to an example or send me a code snippet.

 Also, if I have a consumer for only one topic do I still need the thread pool? Can you send me a short scala snippet on how you would initialize and use a consumer for only one topic?

Thanks!

Florin