Kafka >> mail # user >> Kafka Responsiveness

+
Hanish Bansal 2013-06-24, 11:22
Re: Kafka Responsiveness
The simplest check is to see if you can connect to the Kafka broker port.
That just means the broker is up, but doesn't necessarily mean it is
responsive. Another approach is to do a small write or read on an empty
testing topic.

Thanks,

Jun
On Mon, Jun 24, 2013 at 4:21 AM, Hanish Bansal <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am implementing autostart service for kafka which will check kafka's
> state If kafka is not running it will autostart kafka process.
>
> I also want to check whether Kafka is running or in unresponsive state. If
> kafka is in unresponsive state how to determine that?
>
> Is there any chances that kafka is running but not giving any response for
> sometime ?
>
> Any suggestion will be helpful.
>
> --
> *Thanks & Regards*