Kafka, mail # user - auto.offset.reset in kafka 0.8 - 2013-07-01, 07:51

auto.offset.reset in kafka 0.8
Hi there,

I am using kafka 0.8 (currently 0.8.0-beta1-candidate1) and I want my consumer to fail if it can not reliably find out the last consumed offset from zookeeper.

According to https://kafka.apache.org/08/configuration.html for "https://kafka.apache.org/08/configuration.html"

But it looks like the exception is always thrown, not only when there is no initial offset found in Zookeper. It;s being validated at startup...
Is there a workaround to fail only if no offset is found in zk?