Kafka, mail # dev - Kafka/Hadoop consumers and producers

Re: Kafka/Hadoop consumers and producers
Andrew Otto 2013-08-13, 02:01
We've done a bit of work over at Wikimedia to debianize Kafka and make it behave like a regular service.

https://github.com/wikimedia/operations-debs-kafka/blob/debian/debian

Most relevant, Ken, is an init script for Kafka:
  https://github.com/wikimedia/operations-debs-kafka/blob/debian/debian/kafka.init

And a bin/kafka shell wrapper for the kafka/bin/*.sh scripts:
  https://github.com/wikimedia/operations-debs-kafka/blob/debian/debian/bin/kafka

I'm about to add an init script for MirrorMaker as well, so mirroring can be demonized and run as a service.