Kafka, mail # user - Kafka 0.8 cluster setup?

+
Jason Huang 2013-04-22, 21:13
+
Neha Narkhede 2013-04-22, 21:32
+
Chris Curtin 2013-04-23, 12:29
Re: Kafka 0.8 cluster setup?
Jason Huang 2013-04-23, 13:51
Thanks Chris and Neha.

Chris - I've been through the link you mentioned before. However, that
appears to be using one instance of zookeeper, which makes whichever server
that runs zookeeper as the single point of failure?

Jason

On Tue, Apr 23, 2013 at 8:28 AM, Chris Curtin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> I following these instructions to get the first 'play' cluster going:
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/KAFKA/kafka-08-quick-start.html
>
> Instead of running the 3 brokers on the same machine, I ran on on each
> machine.
>
> Note that you will need to do a little bit of zookeeper setup to get a
> cluster running, I think the main one was setting the 'myid' in the
> zookeeper install directory properly on each machine (namely give each
> machine a unique # in that file).
>
> Thanks,
>
> Chris
>

> On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 5:32 PM, Neha Narkhede <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >wrote:
>
> > Hi Jason,
> >
> > We are in the process of updating the documentation. Hoping to finish
> > it by this week. Stay tuned.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Neha
> >
> > On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 2:12 PM, Jason Huang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > We've been playing around with kafka 0.8 for a few months now and
> decided
> > > to install kafka on a small cluster for further testing. I tried to
> > search
> > > online but couldn't find any setup documentation for a kafka 0.8
> cluster.
> > >
> > > Does anyone know if such documents exist? If they don't exist, what
> could
> > > be our best guide to start with?
> > >
> > > thanks!
> > >
> > > Jason