Kafka >> mail # user >> kafka.common.FailedToSendMessageException - 0.8

kafka.common.FailedToSendMessageException: Failed to send messages after 3 tries.
Hi Team,

We are using  kafka-0.8.0-beta1-candidate1 release. (
https://github.com/apache/kafka/tree/0.8.0-beta1-candidate1).
While running producer with following configuration, we found an issue
"kafka.common.
FailedToSendMessageException: Failed to send messages after 3 tries",

We are using default broker configurations.

Code snippet:

private Producer<byte[], byte[]> producer = null;

  public KafkaProducer() {
    Properties props = new Properties();
    props.put("metadata.broker.list", "broker1:9092<http://10.252.8.168:9092>
,broker2:9092 <http://10.252.8.48:9092>,broker3:9092<http://10.252.8.234:9092>
,broker4:9092 <http://10.252.8.121:9092>,broker5:9092<http://10.252.8.236:9092>
");
    *props.put("producer.type", "sync");*
    ProducerConfig config = new ProducerConfig(props);
    producer = new Producer<byte[], byte[]>(config);
  }

  public void publishTinCanMessage(String message, int event) throws
Exception {
    KeyedMessage<byte[], byte[]> data = new KeyedMessage<byte[],
byte[]>("tin_can_topic",
(String.valueOf(event%3)).getBytes(),message.getBytes());
    producer.send(data);

  }

Found issue:
kafka.common.
*FailedToSendMessageException: Failed to send messages after 3 tries.*
        at
kafka.producer.async.DefaultEventHandler.handle(DefaultEventHandler.scala:90)
        at kafka.producer.Producer.send(Producer.scala:74)
        at kafka.javaapi.producer.Producer.send(Producer.scala:32)
        at
com.pearson.firehose.KafkaProducer.publishTinCanMessage(KafkaProducer.java:27)
        at com.pearson.firehose.KafkaProducer.main(KafkaProducer.java:44)

But. with *props.put("producer.type", "async"); *the producer was working
fine and generating messages.

Could you please help us to understand is there any configuration missing
or is there any issue with "producer.type=sync"?
Thanks in advance.

Thanks,
Yogesh Sangikar