Kafka >> mail # dev >> kafka 0.8 producer throughput

+
Jun Guo -X 2013-01-09, 04:34
Re: kafka 0.8 producer throughput
The 50MB/s number is for 0.7. We haven't carefully measured the performance
in 0.8 yet. We do expect the throughput that a single producer can drive in
0.8 to be less. This is because the 0.8 producer needs to wait for an RPC
response from the broker while in 0.7, there is no ack for the producer.
Nevertheless, 2MB/s seems low. Could you try increasing flush interval to
sth bigger, like 20000?

Thanks,

Jun

On Tue, Jan 8, 2013 at 8:32 PM, Jun Guo -X (jungu - CIIC at Cisco) <