Kafka >> mail # user >> Re: set new retention size on the fly

+
Jay Kreps 2013-12-03, 23:57
+
Jun Rao 2013-12-04, 01:57
Re: set new retention size on the fly
For adding partitions, look at
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/Replication+tools#Replicationtools-5.AddPartitionTool
0.8.1 includes the ability to dynamically change per topic configs.

Thanks,
Neha
On Tue, Dec 3, 2013 at 10:21 AM, Yu, Libo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> For 0.8, it is possible to add a partition dynamically. Is it possible to
> increase the retention size on the fly? This feature will be very useful
> for operation. I know rolling start can pick up the change but it takes
> too much effort. Thanks.
>
> Libo

+
Jun Rao 2013-12-04, 17:46