Kafka >> mail # user >> load-balancing consumers question

Re: load-balancing consumers question
Hello Michal,

This FAQ entry may help you understanding the rebalance logic:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/FAQ#FAQ-CanIpredicttheresultsoftheconsumerrebabalance%3F

In a word, since we use a deterministic range partition in rebalance,
unevenly or customized partition assignment is not possible for now, but we
are looking into supporting customized partition assignment in post 0.8:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/Client+Rewrite

Guozhang

--
-- Guozhang