Kafka, mail # user - In 0.8, can a single broker be configured to run without Zookeeper?

Re: In 0.8, can a single broker be configured to run without Zookeeper?
"Hargett, Phil" 2013-03-18, 19:12
Re "So, how did you get the data from the local broker out without ZK"...

We didn't use Mirror Maker itself.  We wrote a simple application inspired by Mirror Maker but written in Java that understands our topology and used external information to locate source brokers from which to consume data.

:)