Kafka, mail # user - Re: kafka producer - retry messages - 2013-11-29, 01:57

Re: kafka producer - retry messages
Hi,

Right, broker on localhost and localhost connection don't help if the
broker is actually down.  It's not only about network reachability and
such.  We write to FS (yes, file system) as "well, what is the simplest
thing that we can do and where we are least likely to hit some other
issues? Write to FS.".  Yes, much like Kafka brokers themselves, but this
helps when Kafka is down for some reason.

Otis