Kafka >> mail # user >> Question on # of partitions

+
Mark 2013-08-29, 15:55
Re: Question on # of partitions
In 0.7, total # partitions = # brokers * #partitions per broker.

In 0.8, total # partitions is determined at topic creation time and it
doesn't change with the addition of brokers (changing # partitions requires
using a separate admin tool).

Thanks,

Jun
On Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 8:55 AM, Mark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> If I have 3 brokers with 3 partitions does that mean:
>
> 1) I have 3 partitions per broker so I can have up to 9 consumers
>
> or
>
> 2) There is only 1 partition per brokers which means I can have only 3
> consumers
>

> Thanks

+
Philip OToole 2013-08-29, 15:57