Home | About | Sematext search-lucene.com search-hadoop.com search-devops.com

Kafka >> mail # user >> Kafka 0.8 - KeyedMessage?

Re: Kafka 0.8 - KeyedMessage?
Jun,

Thanks for the response. If I understand you correctly, messages with
the same key will not be automatically stored at the same partition
unless I implement a partition function to route the message based on
the key?

The quick start guide for 0.7 has the following:
"Send a message with a partition key. Messages with the same key are
sent to the same partition
ProducerData<String, String> data = new ProducerData<String,
String>("test-topic", "test-key", "test-message");
producer.send(data);"

So... there is no simple way to send messages to a certain default
partition in 0.8?

thanks,

Jason