Kafka >> mail # user >> Re: Exception from kafka server 0.8

Re: Exception from kafka server 0.8
Actually, replication factor 2 means a total of 2 replicas (a leader and a
follower). If the leader is down, another replica should automatically take
over as the leader. There could be some transient errors in the producer,
but they shouldn't last long.

Thanks,

Jun