Kafka >> mail # dev >> Re: About Kafka 0.8 producer

Re: About Kafka 0.8 producer
In 0.8, the producer load balances data across the Kafka brokers using a
special getMetadata API. You still need to wire in a broker.list since the
producer will use this list to talk to one of the brokers to get the
leadership information for a new topic/partition. If the leader moves over
time, the produce request will fail which is when the producer will
re-issue the getMetadata request again. So zk.connect is not required
anymore.

Thanks,
Neha
On Sun, Jan 6, 2013 at 9:08 PM, Jun Guo -X (jungu - CIIC at Cisco) <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>        I find that in Kafka 0.72, we can specify either zk.connect or
> broker.list. But in Kafka 0.8, we can only specify broker.list ,and we
> can't specify zk.connect without specifying broker.list. I think, in this
> case, we can't balance producer through zookeeper. If anyone use Kafka 0.8,
> or have some understanding with that?
>        Many thanks!
> Best Regard

+