Kafka >> mail # user >> Kafka crashed after multiple topics were added

Re: Kafka crashed after multiple topics were added
We use 30k as the limit. It is largely driven by the number of partitions
(including replicas), retention period and number of
simultaneous producers/consumers.

In your case it seems you have 150 topics, 36 partitions, 3x replication -
with that configuration you will definitely need to up your file handle
limit.

Thanks,

Joel