Kafka, mail # user - Re: Is there a limitation on the number of simultaneous consumer connections to the same topic - 2013-05-13, 10:44

Re: Is there a limitation on the number of simultaneous consumer connections to the same topic
It shouldn't.
Creating several listener / consumer processes belonging to the same
group means you are working with a point-to-point message channel so
incoming messages will be delivered only to one consumer.

Maybe I'm wrong but I believe in that scenario there's no difference
(from broker perspective) between threads and processes.

Regards,
Andrea