Kafka >> mail # user >> Running Kafka 0.7 and 0.8 parallel

Re: Running Kafka 0.7 and 0.8 parallel
0.7 and 0.8 have mostly the same package/class names, so you have to shade
one of the jars if you want them to both be loaded and executable in the
same jvm process.  I've done this in my consumers (e.g. my consumers
consume from both 0.7 and 0.8 during the transition).  I chose to run
separate kafka instances for 0.7 and 0.8, and not attempt to do any
forwarding from 0.7 to 0.8 during the migration.

So far so good...

Jason