Kafka, mail # user - Re: producer creating multiple log files after message sending - 2013-04-18, 15:37

Snehalata Nagaje 2013-04-17, 07:06
+
Neha Narkhede 2013-04-17, 15:38
+
Snehalata Nagaje 2013-04-18, 06:11
+
Snehalata Nagaje 2013-04-18, 08:53
+
Swapnil Ghike 2013-04-18, 09:43
+
Jason Huang 2013-04-18, 13:07
+
Neha Narkhede 2013-04-18, 15:26
Re: producer creating multiple log files after message sending
Number of open file handles is one thing. But I am thinking more of a use
case where you may want to fetch information from two separate log files of
same topic and same partition. Could we use one high level consumer API
call to achieve that? One naive idea is that if we can merge those two log
files (since they are of same topic and in partition I thought we might be
able to merge them) into one, then using one high level consumer API will
do the job.