Kafka, mail # user - Is there a way to pull out kafka metadata from zookeeper?

+
hsy541@...> 2013-10-11, 05:50
+
Jun Rao 2013-10-11, 15:19
Re: Is there a way to pull out kafka metadata from zookeeper?
Neha Narkhede 2013-10-11, 16:13
If, for some reason, you don't have access to a virtual IP or load
balancer, you need to round robin once through all the brokers before
failing a TopicMetadataRequest. So unless all the brokers in your cluster
are down, this should not be a problem.

Thanks,
Neha
On Thu, Oct 10, 2013 at 10:50 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I'm trying to maintain a bunch of simple kafka consumer to consume messages
> from brokers. I know there is a way to send TopicMetadataRequest to broker
> and get the response from the broker. But you have to specify the broker
> list to query the information. But broker might not be available because of
> some failure. My question is is there any api I can call and query broker
> metadata for topic/partition directly from zookeeper? I know I can query
> that information using zookeeper API. But that's not friendly datastructure
>  like the TopicMetadata/PartitionMetadata.  Thank you!
>
> Best,
> Siyuan

+
hsy541@...> 2013-10-11, 18:31