Kafka, mail # dev - Re: [VOTE] Apache Kafka Release 0.8.0 - Candidate 4 - 2013-11-26, 21:15

Re: [VOTE] Apache Kafka Release 0.8.0 - Candidate 4
I'm getting this with console consumer in the binary package which
seems to be because it was built under Java 7. Can we stick to 6?

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: kafka/javaapi/consumer/ConsumerConnector : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassCond(ClassLoader.java:631)
        at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:141)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:283)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(URLClassLoader.java:58)
        at kafka.consumer.ConsoleConsumer$.main(ConsoleConsumer.scala:178)
        at kafka.consumer.ConsoleConsumer.main(ConsoleConsumer.scala)

Other minor comments:
- I don't think the SBT license needs to be included in the binary
  package (at the end of LICENSE).
- Would prefer that the release notes remove jiras that were resolved
  as won't fix - e.g., the go client jiras.

Thanks again for doing this.

Joel