Kafka >> mail # user >> ASyncProducer loss more messages than SyncProducer when broker crashes.

ASyncProducer loss more messages than SyncProducer when broker crashes.
Hi,

we are doing some fail over test on Kafka0.7.2. We kill one of the brokers
on purpose. But we find that the async-producer loss more messages. We do
catch exceptions for send api. But it seems that the async-producer doesn't
throw any exceptions when broker is done.

We change the producer to sync-producer, and got the exceptions as soon as
the broker is down.

So I am wondering if I can get the socket status connected to the broker.
Does some callbacks can do this?

Thanks.
--
Guodong Wang