Kafka >> mail # user >> Anyone running kafka with a single broker in production? what about only 8GB ram?

Anyone running kafka with a single broker in production? what about only 8GB ram?
Is anyone out there running a single broker kafka setup?

How about with only 8 GB RAM?

I'm looking at one of the better dedicated server prodivers, and a 8GB
server is pretty much what I want to spend at the moment, would it make
sense going this route?
This same server would also potentially be running zookeeper also.

In terms of messages per second, at most I would be seeing about 2000
messages per second, of 20KB to 200KB in size.

I know the people at linkedin are running with I believe 24GB of ram.

+
Bruno D. Rodrigues 2013-10-10, 22:58
+
Guozhang Wang 2013-10-11, 16:29