Kafka >> mail # user >> log.file.size limit?

+
S Ahmed 2013-03-25, 18:52
+
David Arthur 2013-03-25, 19:14
+
S Ahmed 2013-03-25, 20:38
Re: log.file.size limit?
If you look at the description of the "map" method, it states:

size - The size of the region to be mapped; must be non-negative and no
greater than Integer.MAX_VALUE

-David

On 3/25/13 4:37 PM, S Ahmed wrote:
> but it show's long not int?
>
> Isn't it then Long.MAX_VALUE ?
>

> On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 3:14 PM, David Arthur <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> FileChannel#map docs indicate the max size is Integer.MAX_VALUE, so yea 2gb
>>
>> http://docs.oracle.com/javase/**6/docs/api/java/nio/channels/**
>> FileChannel.html#map(java.nio.**channels.FileChannel.MapMode<http://docs.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/api/java/nio/channels/FileChannel.html#map(java.nio.channels.FileChannel.MapMode>,
>> long, long)
>>

>> On 3/25/13 2:42 PM, S Ahmed wrote:
>>
>>> Is there any limit to how large a log file can be?
>>> I swear I read somewhere that java's memory mapped implementation is
>>> limited to 2GB but I'm not sure.

+
Jay Kreps 2013-03-25, 23:28