Kafka >> mail # user >> Re: Anyone working on a Kafka book?

+
Jun Rao 2013-03-19, 16:20
Re: Anyone working on a Kafka book?
I guess the challenge would be that kafka is still in version 0.8, so by
the time your book comes out they might be at version 1.0 i.e. its a moving
target

Sounds like a great idea though!
On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 12:20 PM, Jun Rao <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi, David,
>
> At LinkedIn, committers are too busy to write a Kafka book right now. I
> think this is a good idea to pursue. So, if you want to do it, we'd be
> happy to help. The only request that I have for you is while writing the
> book, it would be good if you can use this opportunity to also help us
> improve the documentation of the site.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jun
>
> On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 6:34 AM, David Arthur <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > I was approached by a publisher the other day to do a book on Kafka -
> > something I've actually thought about pursuing. Before I say yes (or
> > consider saying yes), I wanted to make sure no one else was working on a
> > book. No sense in producing competing texts at this point.
> >
> > So, anyone working on a Kafka book? Self published or otherwise?
> >
> > -David

+
Chris Curtin 2013-03-19, 20:31
+