Kafka, mail # user - What happens if one broker goes down

Re: What happens if one broker goes down
Chitra Raveendran 2013-05-20, 06:32
HI

When my broker went down, my producer just stopped reading the file giving
an exception saying "connection refused to kafka broker".
I tried overcoming the exception by giving a try and catch ! BUT I'M SEEING
DATA LOSS. What am I doing wrong ??? Please help

For reference :
I'm using kafka 0.7.2 since my consumer is a storm spout and i read that
storm is most compatible with kafka 0.7.2.
IT DOESNT SUPPORT REPLICATION RIGHT?

--
Chitra Raveendran
Data Scientist