Kafka >> mail # dev >> Time-based flush brokenish in 0.8.1?

Time-based flush brokenish in 0.8.1?
It looks like we disable the flush check by default
/* the frequency in ms that the log flusher checks whether any log needs to
be flushed to disk */
val logFlushSchedulerIntervalMs = props.getLong("
log.flush.scheduler.interval.ms",  Long.MaxValue)

This means that if you set a flush time for a log
bin/kafka-topics.sh --zookeeper localhost:2181 --alter --topic my-topic

It actually won't run because we never schedule the check. This is fixable
if you discover this magical property...

Should we fix this for 0.8.1 or just punt until 0.8.2?

-Jay