Kafka >> mail # user >> Error when restarting consumer

Error when restarting consumer
Hi,

I'm using High Level Consumer with kafka 0.7.2. The consumer is able to
consume messages from kafka for the first time but when I restart the
consumer process, I'm getting the following error:

2013-06-24 09:48:25 FetchRunnable-0 [ERROR] FetcherRunnable:89 - error in
FetcherRunnable
kafka.network.InvalidRequestException: -2147400679 is not a valid request
size.
    at
kafka.network.BoundedByteBufferReceive.readFrom(BoundedByteBufferReceive.scala:60)
    at kafka.network.Receive$class.readCompletely(Transmission.scala:55)
    at
kafka.network.BoundedByteBufferReceive.readCompletely(BoundedByteBufferReceive.scala:29)
    at kafka.consumer.SimpleConsumer.getResponse(SimpleConsumer.scala:177)
    at kafka.consumer.SimpleConsumer.liftedTree2$1(SimpleConsumer.scala:117)
    at kafka.consumer.SimpleConsumer.multifetch(SimpleConsumer.scala:115)
    at kafka.consumer.FetcherRunnable.run(FetcherRunnable.scala:60)

I'm not sure how is it getting -2147400679 as the request size. Any ideas
or pointers what may be wrong here?

Thanks,
Anand